Terms of Service and Rules
ImagicalMine Forums - Terms & Rules
These rules are derived from the official Bukkit Forums Terms & Rules. Some parts have been edited by ImagicalMine staff members.
These forums are a friendly, helpful place. To keep them that way there are rules. To use the forums you must follow the rules. Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. Rule enforcement is generally universal, but case-by-case exceptions may be made.
Appeals should be done via private message or email to an administrator. Public appeals will result in warnings or a ban. Proper appeals are civil and polite. When warned you receive points. Points are bad. Points normally expire after 30 days. Severe incidents result in more points.
- At 3 points all messages will be moderated before being visible.
- At 5 points you receive a one week temporary ban to cool down and reflect on your actions.
- At 10 points you're banned permanently.
No forum decisions will be handled on IRC or other chats.
1. Limited Vulgarity/Profanity
This is the internet, and we are on a site devoted to a game. That said, keep in mind that children do show up here from time to time. Occasional profanity for emphasis is alright. Constant non-stop potty mouth is not. Incredibly vulgar/inappropriate jokes are not.
Also, keep in mind there is a difference between "What the fuck" and "What the fuck is your problem?" Profanity aimed at a person in an aggressive manner will not be tolerated.
2. No Personal attacks/Flaming/Baiting/Bullying/Discrimination
Disagreement Types is the guideline we like to use.
From the top down 1-3 are awesome. Number 4 is lazy, but allowable. 5 and 6 are not allowed and number 7 will get you warned or timed out from the forums.
No name calling, no bullying, no personal attacks are allowed. Be polite. You can debate a point without dragging it down into a heated argument/personal attack. If the debate starts sounding like American politicians slinging mud it will be removed.
Under no circumstances will:
- threats of actual violence of any kind be tolerated on the forums. Never. "I was joking" is not an excuse.
- threats of DDOS attacks be tolerated on the forums.
- discrimination based on race/religion/gender or sexual orientation be tolerated. Slurs aimed at discriminating are an automatic time out from the forums and potentially a permanent ban.
3. No Spam/Advertising/Bumping and Duplicate threads/accounts
We really shouldn't have to say this one. Do not spam the forums.
Spam includes but is not limited to:
- Advertising goods or service
- Advertising paid jobs
- Bumping a thread more often than once every 24 hours. Your thread is not any more important than anyone elses.
- Pestering staff for a position on staff
- Begging for likes/reputation etc
- Using the report button to badger the staff about something that doesn't break the rules.
- Repeatedly reporting things that have already been determined invalid reports
- Creating near identical duplicate threads: both will be removed and your posting permissions may be revoked.
- Repeatedly creating duplicate accounts to evade bans done on your past accounts.
- Utilitising a VPN to evade bans and create a new account.
4. No personal information
No posting Skype/email/DOB, etc. Do not do that. This is the internet, there are bad people. No asking for plugins to be private messaged to you. Almost every time someone wants to get a plugin or give a plugin through a method other than forum posts it is a scam. Do not fall for it.
5. Signatures and avatars
Signatures and avatars should not:
- advertise anything but your plugins or Minecraft server.
- include profanity.
- take up a page, non-compact and distracting. It is a signature not a novel.
- include nudity or other inappropriate images.
- be used to try and promote a discriminatory world view.
6. Link posting guidelines
Posting a Dropbox link for your own plugin is fine, however, users should beware that we have not checked those plugins. Mediafire and AdFly are not allowed. If a bad advertisement was displayed, we can request to AdSense to get it pulled. Mediafire and AdFly both frequently load malicious ads and we can't stop them. Linking to any Minecraft related website is allowed. All other links will be judged based on their relevance to the topic. If someone is asking for computer parts recommendations a link to a partlist would be fine, a link to a furniture store would not. Never use a URL shortener. Post full links.
Original plugin developers(not redistributors) may post a donation link to paypal or patreon. You may not make plugins for donations, or limit plugin distribution to donators.
7. Limit drama and politicsLeave drama on IRC/chat/Twitter. The only reason drama should show up on these forums is because the drama involves MCPE. And in cases where it is appropriate to post about some controversial, dramatic subject, one thread per topic will be allowed. We will remove all extra threads on the topic. 100+ threads on "OMG DMCA WHERE I GET FILE?" is pointless. While we may feel for various political/world drama issues they do not belong on the forums.
8. Offline Mode servers are not supported
Offline mode is often the result of piracy so we choose not to support it on these forums.
Use/Abuse of the report button:
The report button is the correct way to deal with rule breaking. It does no good to post "Don't bump in 24 hours" on a thread. Congratulations, you have just bumped their thread again and now when a moderator sees it they have to remove 2 posts. If you see someone breaking the rules, press the report button. Don't "try and be helpful". As a side note that is how all of our new volunteers were chosen, consistent reporting with well explained reasons. Abusing the report button to report posts because you disagree with a person, or to pester staff will result in your use of the report button being removed. If you habitually report posts that are not breaking rules your ability to report posts will be revoked.
9. Terms of the ImagicalMine Forums service
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the ImagicalMine Forums ("forums"), owned by the Imagical Corporation, are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only and nobody else.
You agree to not use the forums to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any content that you consider to be private or confidential(see the fourth section for more details).
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the forums at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your content in connection with the service. You will always retain copyright over the content you publish on the forums.
10. Conclusion and Warnings
These terms and rules may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the ImagicalMine Forums. If you wish to close your account, please contact us via private message to a forums administrator or email to [email protected]